When I received the Enjoy the Moment in my package of OnStage gifts from Stampin’ Up! I knew I wanted to do a card with the shadow stamping technique. What I didn’t know was that these blending brushes would be a game changer! Maybe you have had a similar experience where you were using a dauber or a sponge and you didn’t like the results or the tool fell apart? Ok that could be me… I have murdered a few daubers before I bought the ones from Stampin’ Up! Enter the NEW BLENDING BRUSHES.
We can talk about how great they are when we get this card built. Start with a Crumb Cake base with the fold on the left and measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Stamp the small seed image in Crumb cake all around the edge of the card base. I changed the way I held the stamp as I went along the edge so that the image wasn’t the same all around.
Next cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock to 3 3/4 x 5. Dip the Blender Brush in Blushing Bride ink. I tested the color on grid paper to see how much ink and pressure I needed to get the desired color. Let me stop for a moment here and say how great it is to have a HANDLE. It’s a little thing but sticking my finger in the dauber was not really a secure way for me to sponge. Maybe it is my small hands or lack of fine motor skills but they just kept flying off across the desk eventually landing on the floor to make perfectly round ink spots on the carpet. Can’t really blame the dog for that mess.
Back to the card… Repeat the dip and swirl until you get the amount of shadow you want. then stamp the bud image in Roccoco Rose. Alternatively you can stamp the image first then blend but I thought it smudged the image more than I liked. Let the card dry or speed up the drying with the heat tool.
Did you wonder how I got that bright white image? There are two ways to the white 1. Craft ink- for me it was going to be too “chalky” or light for this card 2. white Stampin’ emboss powder. Go with the powder if you want your image to POP! Also if you have an embossing buddy make sure you use it here otherwise if there is any moisture left from the blending it will hold the embossing powder and you will get a distorted image.
After the embossing buddy ink the stamp with Versamark and press on to the cardstock next to the Roccoco Rose image. Cover with white Stampin’ Emboss powder, pour off then flick the back of the card with your finger to remove the last of the powder. Sometimes you may have stray powder outside of the image area, I use my finger nail to scrap it off or a small paint brush works well too. Finish by using the heat tool to melt the powder. Man is that satisfying to watch!
To get the splatters pick up Blushing Bride ink with a water color brush and tap against a finger. While this dries I created the sentiment with a 3/4 x 3 inch piece of Blushing Bride and Roccoco Rose ink. To add the disstressed look I used my scissors along the edges of the cardstock. Distressing is best done the day before you plan to vaccum!
Wrap the main piece with crinkled seam binding and secure with Stampin’ Seal. Layer each piece on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and top with Champagne Rhinestones. On the inside stamp the sentiment and decorate.
Get January’s Customer Appreciation Tutorial FREE
My exclusive customer appreciation tutorial has printable instructions for 8 cards including 2 creative folds featuring the Dragonfly Garden Bundle. You can get this tutorial for FREE with a $30 order in my Online Store or Join my Stamping Family. Want to purchase the $9.95 tutorial directly click HERE to PayPal me or email me at StampwithDanaDavis@gmail.com for other payment options.
There are 3 ways to earn during Sale-A-Bration:
- SHOP- Choose a Free Sale-A-Bration product with every $50 or $100 you spend before tax and shipping.
- HOST- Place any party (or personal) order over $300 and receive the Punch Party Stamp Set for Free AND 12-16% hostess rewards (who doesn’t love more free crafting supplies).
- JOIN- see below for all the great perks of being a demonstrator.
Don’t forget to use the JANUARY HOST CODE CDYG6KA3 to order YOUR favorites 24/7 at my online, TOUCHLESS, CURBSIDE FREE, DIRECT TO YOUR DOOR store!
Do you love to craft? Would you like to work from home? Do you enjoy people? Then becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator may be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Get 20%–25% off all Stampin’ Up! products.
- Earn additional income based on your sales and recruiting–just how much extra income is up to you.
- Set your own schedule and put in as much (or as little) time as you’d like.
- Get support through online training resources, a quarterly magazine, events, and a demonstrator-only online community with thousands of project ideas.
- Access to regular promotions, giving you an opportunity to contact customers.
- Opportunity to earn incentive trips.
- Chance to learn creative tips and techniques, share ideas, and come into contact with new friends who love papercrafting as much as you do!
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE… when you join during Sale-a-bration!
- Choose $125 of product for $99 (yes, anything from the annual or mini catalog) as long as the total does not exceed $125.
- An exclusive gift from the upcoming catalog 5 packs of 6’x6′ stacks of our newest Designer Series Paper. Thats 200 sheets of paper covering EVERY Stampin’ Color- a $57.50 value
- FREE shipping that’s like getting another 10 % off your order!
Order the February Paper Pumpkin NOW!
So, what’s in store for this month’s kit? February’s Paper Pumpkin kit—Bouquet of Hope—provides a way to offer comfort, care, and condolences to those enduring life’s challenges. With beautiful blooms and supportive sentiments, the Bouquet of Hope Paper Pumpkin Kit will soothe sorrow and share sympathy in a heartfelt, handmade way. While you can create nine cards of comfort and coordinating envelopes with this month’s kit, the kit’s exclusive, versatile stamp set can be used to uplift loved ones during trying times, any time.
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and coordinating envelopes. Kit includes card bases, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Bumblebee, Just Jade, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Rococo Rose
- Coordinates with the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper, an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item.
Did your catalog get lost in the great USPS black hole of 2020? Here are the catalog Links:
Sale-a-Bration Click Here
January-June Click Here
Annual Catalog Click Here
Now Available- MINI Stampin’ Cut & Emboss!
Creating die cuts and embossed designs is easy, thanks to Stampin’ Cut & Emboss! Our die cutting and embossing products do the work so you can have the fun. SERIOUSLY THIS MACHINGE CUTS LIKE BUTTER!!
Our Stampin’ Cut & Emboss and Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines offer multiple die cutting and embossing options for you to share with all types of stampers from beginners to seasoned crafters. Stampin’ Up!-exclusive machines offer the highest quality and make precise cuts and detailed embossed images every time. They’re also simple to store and easily portable, which makes packing for your events a cinch! They come with all the tools needed to get started right away, making it easy for you to have a fantastic die-cutting and embossing experience from the start.