Just look at how this card shines!! That is all because of the new Stampin’ Up! Pearlescent Specialty paper. The Sand and Sea Suite can be found on pages 40-42 of the new mini catalog and eventhough the nautical theme does not normally speak to me this suite really stood out. So much so that I could not wait until my March card class to play with it.
The example cards in the catalog use Basic white or Fluid 100 (our water color paper) but the Pearlescent Specialty Paper really spoke to me. It said, “Dana, come color me…” and everybody should know by now how in love I am with the Stampin’ Blends markers but I was truely surprised about how this paper took the color. We can talk about that more as we work thru making the card.
Start with a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 vertical fold (that means the crease is on the left-fancy right?) in Seaside Spray. Cut a piece of the Sand & Sea DSP (that’s designer series paper if you didn’t know) to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Yes, you will be covering the entire front or if you are like me and glue it down funny, most of the front.
The sea shell scene has multiple steps so stay with me it will all work out in the end. 1. Cut the Pearlescent DSP to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (its ok my paper hoarding friends it will only hurt for a moment). 2. Dry emboss the Pearlescent paper with the Seashells 3D embossing folder. 3. Crop the Pearlescent paper with the Seaside Seashells dies (say that 3 times fast Shelly).
Whew, now that we are all done being sad over the lost pieces of that beautiful paper lets color the shell image. Here is a list of the Stampin’ Blends I used:
- Old Olive on the long kelp
- Granny Apple Green on the fern like kelp
- Seaside Spray and Color Lifter on the nautilus
- Richrazzle Berry on the small clam shell
- Crumb Cake and Flirty Flamingo on the conch shell
- Mango Melody on the large clamshell (but it didn’t look good so that is where the sentiment is
- Cajun Craze **on the BACK side** of the twisted shell.
Here are some coloring tips for the Pearlescent paper:
- More is better. When working on normal paper alcohol markers do not leave edge lines. This paper has additives and the lines were somewhat visible. Going over it with more ink gave it great depth and I was able to use those lines to help shade.
- If you have ink down use the color lifter to move it around. That is what was done with the nautilus. Not that it shows well in the photo but in real life there is a splotchyness that adds a nautral feel to the image.
- Bleed thru can be your friend! Yes it does say to color the BACK of the twisted shell. The color you see is really bleed thru on the other side. YES it was colored over and over but the effect was perfect.
To finish the card wrap the front in Braided Linen Trim securing with glue dots (one on each side of the trim for a total of four dots). Create the sentiment by stamping off Misty Moonlight ink and the starfish. Then add the sentiment in the same color without stamping off, crop with the Stitched Nested Labels and adhere with dimensionals. Open the card and stamp more starfish at the lower right hand side in both full strength ink and stamped off ink.
Did you remember that I mentioned this was a challenge card? Members of my stamping family can participate in creative card challenges for amazing prizes. This month winners will receive $25, $50 or $100 gift certificates – wish me good luck!
Get January’s Customer Appreciation Tutorial FREE
My exclusive customer appreciation tutorial has printable instructions for 8 cards including 2 creative folds featuring the Dragonfly Garden Bundle. You can get this tutorial for FREE with a $30 order in my Online Store or Join my Stamping Family. Want to purchase the $9.95 tutorial directly click HERE to PayPal me or email me at StampwithDanaDavis@gmail.com for other payment options.
There are 3 ways to earn during Sale-A-Bration:
- SHOP- Choose a Free Sale-A-Bration product with every $50 or $100 you spend before tax and shipping.
- HOST- Place any party (or personal) order over $300 and receive the Punch Party Stamp Set for Free AND 12-16% hostess rewards (who doesn’t love more free crafting supplies).
- JOIN- see below for all the great perks of being a demonstrator.
Don’t forget to use the JANUARY HOST CODE CDYG6KA3 to order YOUR favorites 24/7 at my online, TOUCHLESS, CURBSIDE FREE, DIRECT TO YOUR DOOR store!
Do you love to craft? Would you like to work from home? Do you enjoy people? Then becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator may be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Get 20%–25% off all Stampin’ Up! products.
- Earn additional income based on your sales and recruiting–just how much extra income is up to you.
- Set your own schedule and put in as much (or as little) time as you’d like.
- Get support through online training resources, a quarterly magazine, events, and a demonstrator-only online community with thousands of project ideas.
- Access to regular promotions, giving you an opportunity to contact customers.
- Opportunity to earn incentive trips.
- Chance to learn creative tips and techniques, share ideas, and come into contact with new friends who love papercrafting as much as you do!
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE… when you join during Sale-a-bration!
- Choose $125 of product for $99 (yes, anything from the annual or mini catalog) as long as the total does not exceed $125.
- An exclusive gift from the upcoming catalog 5 packs of 6’x6′ stacks of our newest Designer Series Paper. Thats 200 sheets of paper covering EVERY Stampin’ Color- a $57.50 value
- FREE shipping that’s like getting another 10 % off your order!
Order the February Paper Pumpkin NOW!
So, what’s in store for this month’s kit? February’s Paper Pumpkin kit—Bouquet of Hope—provides a way to offer comfort, care, and condolences to those enduring life’s challenges. With beautiful blooms and supportive sentiments, the Bouquet of Hope Paper Pumpkin Kit will soothe sorrow and share sympathy in a heartfelt, handmade way. While you can create nine cards of comfort and coordinating envelopes with this month’s kit, the kit’s exclusive, versatile stamp set can be used to uplift loved ones during trying times, any time.
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and coordinating envelopes. Kit includes card bases, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Bumblebee, Just Jade, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Rococo Rose
- Coordinates with the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper, an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item.
Did your catalog get lost in the great USPS black hole of 2020? Here are the catalog Links:
Sale-a-Bration Click Here
January-June Click Here
Annual Catalog Click Here
Now Available- MINI Stampin’ Cut & Emboss!
Creating die cuts and embossed designs is easy, thanks to Stampin’ Cut & Emboss! Our die cutting and embossing products do the work so you can have the fun. SERIOUSLY THIS MACHINGE CUTS LIKE BUTTER!!
Our Stampin’ Cut & Emboss and Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines offer multiple die cutting and embossing options for you to share with all types of stampers from beginners to seasoned crafters. Stampin’ Up!-exclusive machines offer the highest quality and make precise cuts and detailed embossed images every time. They’re also simple to store and easily portable, which makes packing for your events a cinch! They come with all the tools needed to get started right away, making it easy for you to have a fantastic die-cutting and embossing experience from the start.