Do you ever debate on whether you should make a quick card or a complex one? Personally I tend to shy away from complex folds. They take longer, I may waste supplies if I make a mistake and at the end I have 1 card, now it may be an exceptional card, but still we have become ingrained to think that more is better.
What if more is not better? Yes it is more… you can send to multiple love ones in a flash. What if that means that they have less meaning or feeling behind them? In a sense more generic and less tailored to the person you are giving them too? Personally, I do not susbscribe to this thought process. The value to the person receiving your minature works of art is not just in the time it took to make the card but that you remembered not only the event but the time given to SHOW the receiver you remembered the event and thought of them.
The value of a complex or long term project is the satisfaction it gives YOU the creator! For example, the post on Monday had a creative fold, not complex but out of my comfort range. But the success of such a card has given me confidence to create duplicates of the design for this year’s holiday card making.
For another example, I have been working on covering what I thought was a small wall in my kitchen with cork. You may have seen the previous photos of the project in progress, a project that was at least a year in the making. I finally completed it this last weekend with some motivation in the form of an open house event.
It would be easy to deminish the work as not hard or labor intensive as it was only hot glue and corks after all (despite the surpisingly large amount of burns I received). But what is more remarkable is the perserverance that wall required. Remember how I said the wall was small? It is, but so is the space each cork occupied thus making the wall vast and seemingly never ending.
It is hard to say it if was more gratifying at 12:30am placing the last cork (having to clean up and quickly go to bed may have made that final moment a fraction less grand) or the next morning and seeing the “fruit” of my labor or that afternoon hanging all the decor I had carefully collected to complete the look or even the number of compliments I received that night at the open house.
No I think it is the intense satisfaction of completion of a long project, something that you do not get from a work you can whip up in 10 or 15 minutes. Hobbists that do small intricate work and knitters of large blankets (who I just happen to be) understand this sense of accomplishment. The longer is takes to create the larger the reward and satisfaction of completion.
To this I raise my wine glass and say friends, take the long road home, bit off more than you can chew, feel free to strugle, fail, start again if need be and choose the projects that will give you the ultimate sense of accomplishment and pride as nothing slapped together before moving on to the next project titled “I have to do this but I have no time” will ever give you this feeling of completion and wholeness we call true joy. It feels good, really good.
Don’t forget to use the NOVEMBER HOST CODE 7V2Z2FY2 to order YOUR favorites 24/7 at my online, TOUCHLESS, CURBSIDE FREE, DIRECT TO YOUR DOOR store!
Enter and explore Eden with the Eden’s Garden Collection! This delightful and desirable collection includes early-release products from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog—a bundle of stamps and dies that’s blooming with beauty and bounty. Plus, exclusive products you can’t uncover anywhere else—a pack of paper patterned with green and gold, a set of specialty sheets for gift-giving and textured touches, and a sparkling set of gleaming gems!
Just as the timeless tale can be told in a variety of versions, these paradisical products can be used to create projects for any occasion—and they make the perfect papercrafting companion.
GET READY TO GET CRAFTY!
The July–December 2021 Mini Catalog is your passport to stunning seasonal projects! It contains all the products you’ll need to craft, create, and celebrate during Halloween, Christmas, and more.
Stress less this season! With the perfect papercrafting products for Halloween, Christmas, and every celebration in between, the July–December 2021 Mini Catalog has got your creativity covered.
We offer decades of industry experience, perfect product and color coordination, unique themes, and original designs. No matter the project, our one-of-a-kind products stand out among the rest!
ANOTHER NEW KIT ADDED! LOVE SANTA TAG KIT
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 tags—3 each of 4 designs.
- Includes printed die-cut tags, decorative die cuts, adhesive, embellishments, and pink baker’s twine.
- Features an exclusive stamp set and a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spot.
- Finished tag size: approximately 2-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ (6.4 x 12.1 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Just Jade, Night of Navy, Polished Pink, Poppy Parade
NEW KIT ADDED: CHRISTMAS WHIMSY
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—4 each of 2 designs.
- Includes printed card bases, printed die cuts, adhesive, embellishments, gold foil die cuts, gold twine, and coordinating envelopes with gold foil accents.
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spot.
- Finished card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Gray Granite, Misty Moonlight, Poppy Parade, Real Red, So Saffron, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede
Order your perfect kit HERE! Better yet, order 2 or more and simplify your holiday shopping!
We all love to see piles of presents on Christmas morning. Make that your reality with the Gifts Galore Paper Pumpkin Kit! With classic Christmas sentiments, bright and festive colors, a sweet snowman, a tree with all the trimmings, or a playful pile of presents, you’ll have everything you need to make eye-catching treat packages that are sure to spread Christmas cheer. Each Gifts Galore box contains enough supplies to create nine treat packages—three each of three designs—and nine food-safe bags that are adorably styled for easy Christmas gifting. There’s plenty of joy to share with Gifts Galore!
ABOUT THE KIT:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create nine treat packages—three each of three designs—and nine food-safe bags.
- This all-inclusive kit includes printed die cuts, die-cut boxes, cellophane treat bags, adhesive, and more!
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Coordinating colors: Evening Evergreen, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Pool Party, Poppy Parade
Order your Paper Pumpkin HERE!
Do you love to craft? Would you like to work from home? Do you enjoy people? Then becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator may be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Get 20%–25% off all Stampin’ Up! products.
- Earn additional income based on your sales and recruiting–just how much extra income is up to you.
- Set your own schedule and put in as much (or as little) time as you’d like.
- Get support through online training resources, a quarterly magazine, events, and a demonstrator-only online community with thousands of project ideas.
- Access to regular promotions, giving you an opportunity to contact customers.
- Opportunity to earn incentive trips.
- Chance to learn creative tips and techniques, share ideas, and come into contact with new friends who love papercrafting as much as you do!