Some days just are more fun! Hope today was a day like that for you. Cool rainy days like the day I am writting this blog are perfect for at home games with the family.
I must confess I have not really gotten into playing chess. Marc has shown me a few times but it hasn’t really been my thing. Cards, both playing and the making, are more my speed.
Close up of the final “masculine” themed card from class. When preparing this CASED card from INKYBUTTERFLY I did a few versions and I feel it should be pointed out that the checkerboard background looks best when stamped vertically. Perhaps this is common knowledge but… well it took me trial and error to figure out.
How to make this card:
- Start with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 vertical base in Basic Gray Cardstock. Burnish folded edge with a bone folder.
- Crop Smokey Slate Cardstock to 2 7/8 x 3 5/8.
- Using the back side of the Smokey Slate piece as a guide stamp the checkerboard image from the Game on stamp at the top right and bottom left corners in Smokey Slate ink.
- Stamp the chess piece image on Whisper White in Smokey Slate ink and crop with the largest square of the Stitched Shapes dies.
- Adhere Whisper White cardstock with chess piece image to the Smokey Slate cardstock with Stampin’ Seal.
- Stamp the “hope your day is all fun & games” sentiment to the bottom of the Smokey Slate cardstock piece and adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Product List :
Don’t forget to use the OCTOBER HOST CODE to order YOUR favorites 24/7 at my online, TOUCHLESS, CURBSIDE FREE, DIRECT TO YOUR DOOR store!
We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from our current catalogs! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of our most popular paper designs!
Our Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine offerS multiple die cutting and embossing options from beginners to seasoned crafters. The Stampin’ Up!-exclusive machine offer the highest quality and make precise cuts and detailed embossed images every time. They’re also simple to store and easily portable, which makes packing for your events a cinch! They come with all the tools needed to get started right away, making it easy for you to have a fantastic die-cutting and embossing experience from the start.
SO MUCH TO LOVE:
So what sets our machines apart from the rest? Here are some of our favorite features.
- Durable machines with high-quality results. The solid steel construction frame and rubber feet that securely grip the work surface produce crisp, clean, precise cutting and beautifully detailed embossing.
- Easy to use. The machine and tools are designed for an intuitive die-cutting and embossing experience. For example, all plates are labeled with a number and are color coded for easy reference and use when building your sandwich. And just like the name suggests, our Magnetic Cutting Plates have fully-magnetic surfaces to make it easy to securely position your dies and keep them in place.
- Simple to store. The platforms fold for space-saving storage and they look pretty too–the sleek, clean design suits any crafting space.
- Portable. You can use the machine at home or on the go with the folding platform and ergonomic carrying handle. This makes it easy to showcase the product line in your classes and workshops! It’s also convenient if you like to attend crops or other crafting get togethers.
As you browse through this catalog to plan your holiday projects, you’ll find lots of new products to love. You’ll also see that some favorite holiday products from previous catalogs are back just in case you missed them before
Paper Pumpkin is our monthly subscription service that offers unique papercrafting projects for crafters of any skill level! In these all-inclusive kits, subscribers receive pre-cut paper pieces, embellishments, ink, and an exclusive stamp set designed to encourage them to explore their creativity. As their subscription continues, subscribers will have a collection of cards—and other creations—for a variety of occasions, in addition to a stockpile of supplies!
So, what’s in store for this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit? November’s cute, gingerbread-themed kit contains enough supplies to create one-of-a-kind Christmas crafts! Whether it’s a gift card carrier, traditional card, or tasty-looking tag, this sweet and seasonal kit is the key to heartfelt holiday gifting. With curly cutouts, sugary stickers, and delicious die-cut designs in a special-edition box, a jolly holiday will be on its way with this kit!
Check out our promotional video to sneak a peek at the Jolly Gingerbread Paper Pumpkin Kit and share in the sweetness.
Don’t miss out on all the holiday fun, subscribe to the Joy to the world Pumpkin Paper Pumpkin Kit between October 11th and November 10th HERE.
The 2020-21 annual catalog is here! Need one? Just contact me at DanaDavis@stampinup.net or click the image above to be directed to the digital copy.